The International Society for Energy Storage Materials (hereinafter referred to as ‘ISESM’) consists of members interested in the development of science and technology of energy conversion and storage as well as related materials. The members of the ISESM should collaborate under conditions of complete cordiality, frankness and fair play in order to accomplish a given task to the exclusion of personal or commercial interest.
Objectives of the ISESM Shall be
1. to coordinate the international scientists and engineers with the industries of energy storage and conversion;
2. to stimulate R&D of energy storage and conversion and to encourage the broad dissemination of the achivements;
3. to promote cooperation, exchange and friendship between international communities in the field of energy storage and conversion;
4. to provide a platform for international scientists and engineers in the energy storage and conversion field to share data, ideas, results, etc.;
5. to serve as the certification institution for the scientists and their achievements.
Scope of ISESM Shall be
1. to support scientific journals associated with energy storage and conversion technologies, such as the Journal of Magnesium and Alloys.
2. to organize the international conferences on energy storage and conversions, as well as other academic activities.
3. to establish International Energy Storage Materials Award to certificate the individuals or groups who have made outstanding contributions to energy storage and conversion technologies.
4. to promote the utilization of intellectual properties by transforming research achievements in the field of energy storage and conversion technologies to industries.
5. to improve standardization of energy storage and conversion materials, technologies and associated products.
Council and Committees
1. The Council shall be the governing body of the society and as such shall have full power to conduct, manage, and direct the business and affairs of the ISESM.
2. The Council shall have President, Vice Presidents, and other prestige scientists/engineers/experts from related fields. Each Council member has a term of 3 years.
3.Members of the Council is elected from the individual members of the ISESM.
4.The Council shall appoint a secretary for a term until the end of the next congress.
5.The Council sets up Strategic Committee, Organizing Committee, Academic Committee, Industrial Committee, and Executive Committee.
· The Strategic Committee shall be responsible for making strategic plan, implementation of the objectives.
· The Organizing Committee shall be responsible for organizing conferences, activities, and awards of ISESM.
· The Academic Committee shall be responsible for supporting journals in the field of energy storage and conversion, and setting up associated standards.
· The Industrial Committee shall be responsible for promoting the transformation of technological achievements to industries in the field of energy storage and conversion.
The Executive Committee shall be the governing body of the society and and as such shall have full power to conduct, manage, and direct the business and affairs of the ISESM.
1. Members of ISESM is classified into group member and individual member.
2. The group member shall be universities, research centers, enterprises, and academic organizations which have scientists and engineers who are conducting research and production activities of energy storage and conversion associated technologies.
3. Individual member shall be the persons who have a significant interest in research and development of energy storage science
1. Any amendment to By-laws shall require at least one month advance notice to all members of Council. This notice shall show the amended clause and the existing clause whenever applicable.
2. Amendments to the Constitution and By-laws may be introduced by the Executive Committee.
3.To become effective, amendments to the By-laws must receive a two-thirds majority vote of all board members. Should the proposed amendment not be resolved either by two-thirds for or one-third against on any one vote, the proposal shall be revised and re-submitted for subsequent voting until resolved. Amendments to the By-laws must receive a majority vote of all board members.
The Executive Committee reserves the right to the interpretation of the above clauses.